Friday, January 20, 2012

Why are Nora Roberts's novels being re-released as paperbacks?

I was just in Barnes and Noble browsing the other day, and I noticed that a few of Nora Roberts's novels had been re-released in paperback editions. When I got home I looked online and saw that there were a lot more coming out. I know the publishing company re-releases some of her shorter, earlier stories in omnibuses, but these are her longer single titles that have already been released in hardcover and mass market paperback editions. Just trying to get more money, perhaps? Just wondering.|||Yes, money is part of it. I think another part is marketing to new readers that didn't read the book when it first came out in hardcover and then mass market paperback. Since Nora has written so many books, it would be impossible for stores to carry all of them (so the older the book is, the less likely it will be there). With the publisher re-releasing the books in paperback, they are essentially giving the book more shelf time then it would have otherwise had.|||You answered it yourself. Mo Money! Give yourself 10 pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment