Friday, January 20, 2012

How Does Nora Roberts Compare To The Twlight Saga and/or Nicholas Sparks?

I have read and loved the entire Twilight Series and I also have read all of Nicholas Sparks. I want to start reading Nora Roberts( Have yet to read anything of hers) The Calhouns but want to know how it compares. I really love all of Nicholas Sparks books but Love how Twlight was a saga. Are there any good love/romance type series of books.|||Roberts is more grown up in her treatment of human sexuality. As a writer she's uneven--sometimes her books read like first drafts, and sometimes they're not badly written at all.





I found this list for you to look at. People do rave about the first book on the list, though I just couldn't get past ten pages.





http://www.theromancereader.com/top100.h鈥?/a>





This past year I enjoyed a series of fantasy novels with a young female lead--there's a romance that runs through all of them and she's a strong and interesting character: the "study" books by Maria Snyder (Poison Study is the first one).





I also recommend the British novel I Capture the Castle, which is whimsical and has family at the beginning and romance in the last half. It's older but is still very readable today.

No comments:

Post a Comment