Friday, January 27, 2012

What romance authors are similar to Nora Roberts?

I've been reading Nora since I was twelve and have never read another romance novelist. I'm so used to her style of writing, I'm a bit scared to try a different romance author :/|||I really enjoy books by Luanne Rice and Eileen Goudge. The both tend to have the romance aspect as well some suspense, like Nora Roberts. They do not usually have the magical aspect that Nora does. You can also try books by Josie Litton. While I don't feel hers are as well written as Nora's, she tends to write suspenseful trilogy romances with a magical quality to them, but they are historical romances, not contemporary. Over all they are entertaining books, if not as high of quality at Nora's.|||the styles are different, but i love Jude Deveraux, Sandra Brown, Dorothy Garlock, Karen Robard.|||Try Nicholas Sparks :)|||Jennifer Crusie is similar, I love her books, my favorites are "Welcome to Temptation", and "Charlie All Night".|||Try Barbara Delinsky. Some of her books have a little bit of mystery to them like Nora Roberts. I have read everything by both of these authors. There is just something about reading a romance that is not what I call, a "trashy romance novel." You know the ones with the half naked women on the front, and the men that look loke Fabio? Try reading Flirting With Pete, or The Summer I Dared.|||you may try the following authors:





jude deveraux


judith mcnaught


jayne anne krentz


sandra brown|||Have you read any of her books under her alias of J. D. Robb? They are so addictive. They are the In Death Series and if you go to her site it list them. They are set in the future and are a mixture of romance and suspense. I can't stop reading them lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment