Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Why do people read Nora Roberts?

what is special about her books, and what do u think is the best book if i were to try and read one of hers, thanx|||I would agree with Livin'SD about her books falling into several genres. She has romance and romantic suspense and mystery and intrigue in several books. Not only that, she is a good author who writes enjoyable stories. Her stories are not formulaic as the cheesier romances can be. Her heroines are usually strong and successful women for whom you don't have to cringe in embarrassment because they do a lot of stupid things (one of my pet peeves).





If you enjoy a good mystery with romance thrown in, I would suggest her two-book D.C. Detectives series: Sacred Sins and Brazen Virtue.





Some really good romantic suspense novels include Montana Sky, Hidden Riches, Carolina Moon or Angels Fall (among others).





If you're looking for something along the lines of "pure" romance, you may enjoy the Concannon Sisters trilogy: Born in Fire, Born in Ice and Born in Shame.





I hope that helps.|||I think it's that her writing doesn't necessarily fall into one genre - her books are a mixture of mystery, romance, adventure, etc. I've read maybe three of her books and my favorite so far has been Northern Lights. Maybe because it takes place in Alaska and I'm not sure I've ever read another book with this setting. From my limited experience, you can't really go wrong with her books, but I would suggest this one as a good place to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment