Saturday, February 4, 2012

Nora roberts also publishes books under another name, jd robb. does it ruin the mystery 4 u, knowing its her?

i don't get why it has to be under a different name. i mean, theyre all by her. and we know that. what difference does that make?|||From what I understand - Nora Roberts has always wanted to write romantic suspense novels, but her agents urged her to concentrate on the traditional romance novels.





As it turns out, her publishing company had a hard time keeping up with her prolific output, so then they told her to adopt a second pseudonym so that they will be able to publish more of her work each year. So her romance mysteries would be published under J.D. Robb, while Nora Roberts is the classic romance.





And just a cool fact - J.D. stands for her sons "Jason and Dan."





So it doesn't make a huge difference - they can just produce more of her books in one year.|||its just cooler i guess....... i dont know. but yea it ruins it for mea at least...:)|||I think it's stupid. The reason for publishing under a different name is because you write books that are so far out of your normal genre that you make up a new name for them. However, once you put both names on the cover, I really fail to see the point. I write murder mysteries. My new book is very very far from that genre and I intend to use a different name. However, I have no intention of broadcasting that name. I don't want people to connect it to me, which is kind of the idea. I think Nora Roberts has a bad case of Multiple Personality Disorder. And Stephen King is worse. The new Richard Bachman book has a foreword in it written by Stephen King. I mean duh! Does he write his own reviews, too?


----


They're, Their, There - Three Different Words.





Careful or you may wind up in my next novel.





Pax - C

No comments:

Post a Comment